Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Energy Secretary Announces $34 million for Colorado

DENVER—Colorado will get more than $34 million in federal stimulus money for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, U.S. Energy Secretary Steven Chu said Wednesday.

Of the total, $9.5 million will be used to expand the Renewable Energy Rebates and Grants Program, Chu said. The other $24.6 million will go to the State Energy Program.

The projects will reduce energy consumption and carbon pollution, and create green jobs across the state, Chu said.

“This funding will allow Colorado to make major investments in energy solutions that will strengthen America’s economy and create jobs at the state and local level,” he said. “It will also promote some of the cheapest, cleanest and most reliable energy technologies we have—energy efficiency and conservation—which can be deployed immediately.”

Gov. Bill Ritter said the funding will help Colorado achieve its Climate Action Plan, which aims to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 20 percent against 2005 levels by 2020, and by 80 percent by 2050.

Part of the money will be used for rebates that will reimburse homeowners for a portion of the cost of activities such as energy audits or the installation of attic insulation, air sealing, duct sealing, and high-efficiency furnace replacements.

It will also be used for incentives for residents and businesses that use onsite renewable energy technology, particularly home heating systems, and the state will also offer $400 rebates for the purchase and installation of efficient biomass-burning stoves that can make use of the state’s wood-pellet resource.

The money will also be used for programs to help state agencies, including public schools, reduce their energy use and carbon emissions. The state says it will promote greater energy efficiency in new and existing homes with programs such as a “whole house tune up” that bundles efficiency incentives.

By Steven K. Paulson, Associated Press Writer, September 30, 2009.

Labels: , , , ,

Comments:
This copy Gucci bag is simple and generous and very attractive.replica luxury gucci handbags uk I was shocked when I received the bag. The quality is very good. replica gucci womens shoulder bag Very comfortable to wear, it is almost the same as real Gucci.

# posted by Blogger madin : April 17, 2019 at 8:34 PM

Butikken har løst problemer for mig, tjenesten er meget tålmodig, det er en perfekt shopping oplevelse.billig Denmarks biggest selection of sneakers Da jeg modtog nike sko, troede jeg det var en god kopi af nike sneakers. billig Nike air-max-95 Jeg kan lide denne online butik, denne nike sko er enkel og generøs. Meget tilfreds med dette køb.

# posted by Blogger madin : April 19, 2019 at 9:42 PM

This funding will allow Colorado to make major investments in energy solutions that will strengthen America’s economy and create jobs at the state and local level,” he said. “It will also promote some of the cheapest, cleanest and most reliable energy technologies we have—energy efficiency and conservation—which can be deployed immediately. Electrical Grids
# posted by Blogger Jennifer : May 28, 2019 at 5:13 AM

Hmm!! This blog is really cool, I’m so lucky that I have reached here and got this awesome information.
# posted by Blogger jack : June 20, 2019 at 5:50 AM

Thank you Arizona real estate for all of your hard professionalism and reliability and function. Knowledgeable and knowledgeable in every parts of real estate property, whether you are searching for a fresh home or requiring a property administration Antone Barber that can make your worries a high concern picked Arizona real estate.
# posted by Blogger Masson_duke : June 21, 2019 at 11:12 PM

Tips for buying a copy here. People spend a lot of time searching on the Internet, replica iwc watches uk where there are many replicas of famous designer brands on sale, and we can be sure that they are of high quality and quality. This is the first time I bought a copy watch. This watch is very surprising to me.replica iwc portugieser watches The color is very low-key and the quality is very good. Good value for money

# posted by Blogger csyan : October 30, 2019 at 9:35 PM

I bought it for my husband. This summer, I only need a pair of sunglasses, I bought it when I saw this event. buy ray bans wayfarer folding sunglasses There are not many men's sunglasses brands. Ray-Ban is my favorite. This is not fancy.replica ray bans wayfarer ii sunglasses The logo is also small. It looks very representative. This is the glasses of their family. Husband is super like, happy.

# posted by Blogger csyan : November 1, 2019 at 12:39 AM

I have always had a good impression of Ray-Ban. I just happened to buy it at this store.buy ray bans wayfarer mens sale I chose this classic, I am very beautiful. After that, replica ray bans wayfarer ii sunglasses I found that the activity price was 50% cheaper than usual or other e-commerce. Very valuable

# posted by Blogger csyan : November 1, 2019 at 12:40 AM